When you’re thinking about making a career switch, it’s tempting to let fear of the unknown hold you back. So, to give you the information and assurance you need to make an informed choice, we’re throwing open the doors (virtually) so you can explore Escient and our people.
So, let’s get started with the basics.
Who is Escient?
Escient is an Australian employee-owned digital and business consulting firm advising corporations, government bodies and social enterprises on strategy, technology, design & delivery.
We’re a quiet achiever, ranked #10 in the 2020 AFR Fast Starters and winner of the 2020 Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice (Professional Services category).
A key to Escient’s success is the practice of value-based leadership. The word ‘practice’ is critical because the company values are more than a poster hanging in the cafe, they act as goal posts to guide decisions and behaviour within the firm.
Escient has three core values:
The most satisfying success is one that is shared, understanding that it requires humility and self-awareness. We recognise that the team is built from a wealth of knowledge and experiences far broader than one person’s alone and will proactively harness this energy to deliver shared success for all.
Courage isn’t necessarily the grand gestures or the major acts, it can be the small choices we make every day, taking action because you know it is the right thing to do despite being unsure of the outcome. We consciously choose to be courageous in all we do, unrestrained in our thinking and bold in our actions and work with our clients to inspire the same mindset.
We have the freedom to walk the road less travelled, to draw on our curiosity and create ideas that solve complex client problems. To succeed in today’s changing world, we must have the experience and wisdom to unlock fresh approaches to solve new and old business problems.
Considerate Client Experience & Employee Experience
Our clients tell us that we’re an open shop, working collaboratively to transfer skills and knowledge so they continue to benefit long-term. Subsequently, this approach gives our employees a positive experience, as they gain a sense of purpose in helping clients achieve their objectives and enjoy building long-lasting professional relationships.
In addition, we are mindful of placing the right people with the skills and experience for the job. Work that requires the expertise and insight of a senior consultant isn’t delegated to a junior consultant with a framework. Rather, we carefully consider and curate the best fit team in terms of skills, maturity and sector experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Escient prides itself on being a diverse and inclusive culture, gender-balanced with multi-generational representation. More than half the team was born overseas and professional backgrounds span over 20 disciplines.
Escient believes its multitude of experience and diverse cultural perspectives give its consultants better insights that inspire creativity and help drive innovation, in addition to helping build trusting relationships with clients, delivering them purpose-fit value with real, sustainable outcomes.
What does Escient do?
Consultants provide a range of professional services (both advisory and delivery) predominantly delivered through onsite client engagements.
We advise on:
- Strategy Development
- Market Analysis
- Digital Transformation
- Target Operating Model
- Customer Experience
- Service Design
- User Experience
- Content Design
- Technology Procurement
- Enterprise Architecture
- Solutions Architecture
- Compliance & Security
- Data & Insights
- Program & Project Management
- PMO Optimisation
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
- Agile Delivery
Why work for Escient?
Experience the Escient difference
In a crowded consultancy marketplace, Escient has stood out from the herd since its inception in 2016. Escient’s cultural ‘secret sauce’ has several key ingredients with its foundation being the focus on delivering a remarkable client experience (using a combination of empathy, trust and collaboration), which ultimately leads to great results and a sense of shared success.
A Bundle of Employee Benefits
When the founders established Escient, they developed the first version of an Employee Value Proposition (EVP) that comprised key components such as a sense of purpose, organisational support, recognition, and personal and professional growth. This EVP has since been nuanced via feedback from a survey held in 2019 and is constantly evolving based on employee feedback.
It currently comprises the following:
- Purposeful work – focus on genuine client partnerships, interesting & meaningful work
- Flexible working – part-time, work from home, purchased additional annual leave, technology allowance, paid parental leave policy (in development)
- Professional and personal development – opportunity to make multi-dimensional contribution, people leadership support, individual development plans, framework for advancement, mentoring, range of courses & certifications offered, professional membership allowance
- Travel – opportunities for interstate work, efficient corporate traveller arrangement, per diem scheme for meals & incidentals
- Recognition & reward – association with strong brand, structured reviews, democratised recognition scheme (Shine), bonuses
- Culture – trusting, collaborative, supportive, diverse, equitable, values-led, pod structure
- Recruitment and onboarding – positive experience through entire process, structured feedback, buddy system for new starters
- Equity – Opportunity to access shares or options, equitable scheme (same structure applies to all employees including leadership team and founders ensuring ongoing viability of scheme)
- Support – mentoring, buddy system, pods, flu vaccinations, Employee Assistance Program, psychological first aid training, salary packaging/novated leases
Do we sound like the kind of employer you’ve been looking for? If so, please connect with us to explore the Escient difference:
- Read Alexandra Zhong‘s career story and learn how she’s building a career she loves as a change manager with Escient
- Read Alissa Proctor‘s career story and learn how she’s building a career she loves as a solutions architect with Escient
- See our current jobs
- Follow us on LinkedIn