Following an open tender process, Escient has been successfully appointed to the PAS Panel managed by the Department of Treasury and Finance in Victoria under a new Victorian State Purchase Contract (SPC). Under the SPC, professional services such as commercial, financial, tax and probity can be sought by all government entities.
The last time the PAS Panel was open for tender in 2016, Escient had not established a presence in Victoria so we are delighted with our appointment to this Panel effective from the 1 September 2020. Having grown to over 110 full time consultants nationally, Escient is currently delivering a wide range of services to government departments and agencies in Victoria and across the country.
Escient Managing Director in Victoria, Rebecca Campbell-Burns says, “As a fully employee-owned, local consulting firm, Escient has always provided Victorian government buyers of professional services with a cost-effective alternative to the large global services firms without compromising on the quality of the outcome. So it’s fantastic to now be listed on the PAS Panel as this gives our clients another pathway to engage.”
Under the PAS Panel, Escient is eligible to provide professional advisory services to all government entities in the following categories:
- Strategic policy review and reform project development (incorporating service need analysis, service planning, feasibility studies and strategic assessments)
- Business case preparation and development (including market assessments)
- Market engagement and implementation (includes due diligence and procurement exercises)
- Commercial contract management
- Project, program and business reviews, evaluation and assurance (including business reorganisation reviews)
- General commercial advice
The public sector is an important industry for Escient and we are currently working in a number of high profile portfolios, such as transport and infrastructure, health and education in both Victoria and South Australia across a range of services such as program and project planning and delivery of large-scale transformation, strategy development and service design, business case development and organisational reviews.